Monday, December 7, 2009

All the pain, but where's the gain?!

First off let me remind those of you that forgot/don't know/don't care that I ran a half marathon the same month that I became pregnant with this child. Now I'm not claiming to have super-triathlete fitness like some people we know, but I was not exactly lounging around the couch for the last 5 years. So why is pregnancy kicking my butt this time around?!

Luckily I'm still 10lbs down from where I started on the day I found out about the little munchkin. I was 15lbs down but my man-food craving kicked on right about the time the sonographer said it's a boy so it's likely only downhill from here. The sickness is now very manageable on the odd day it comes around, and I still haven't seen the return of the heartburn.

Now here's where it gets fun: I can't walk up the stairs at my house. I can't get out of John's car. I can't even walk around the grocery store. I'm exhausted despite getting a good 9 hours of sleep every night and I can't seem to work up the energy to do anything!

And then to top it all off my bump isn't really any bigger than it was 12 weeks ago, and he still isn't kicking. When is this going to start paying off?!

No comments:

Post a Comment